Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Year of Discovery

Well.. for those of you who are still around to remember... this is the anniversary of the day that C_ left me to go to where she needed to be. I just returned from a shamanic retreat and realized what day it was. I drove by the Buddhist monastery, on my way home, that started my journey.

It has been an amazing year. It was due to the trauma of that breakup that I started a new path in life. That I had to reassemble the shattered shards of my soul and create the *me* that I always wanted... and not the one that I had allowed to come into being. The anniversary of the period that I had a spiritual awakening that entirely shifted my consciousness... how I perceive things... how I interact with the world.

I don't live life... I *am* life...

It's a wonderful thing.

I know what a soulmate is. A soulmate is not necessarily your *partner* that lives with you throughout your life... no, there are many soulmates... many souls you have come into contact with throughout your prior lives. Many you will come into contact with in this life. They teach, they nurture, they love and they challenge. You are entertwined in some way.

C_ was a soulmate... and is. She came and, when her work was done, she left... that kicked me into the place I *needed* to be... There can be beauty in tragedy.

So.. I know that, forever... for as many lives as I have... there is at least *one* soul out there that, when I need them the most, will come into my life and make sure I am following the path I need to follow.

In fact, I am sure there are many.

So... to all of you out there and, especially to C_... thanks for remembering me, even through the vast divisions of time and space you have done what I needed... even if it wasn't what I thought I wanted.

And for that, I am ever thankful.

Best wishes to you all.

6 Comments:

Blogger JLee said...

I agree with your soulmate philosophy. There are many people who come in and out of our lives to connect with us and teach us things. Great post.

5:27 PM  
Blogger kat said...

I agree with jlee. Lovely post.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Happy Anniversary???

1:25 AM  
Blogger Inner Fonzie said...

Hehe... right on ;)

5:03 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Sometimes we are the teacher, sometimes we are the student. The important thing is that we play our part in advancing ourselves and others. Here's to your healthy awareness of the journey.

6:00 PM  
Blogger b o o said...

right back at u :)

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home