Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Isn't she purdy?

I think I am in love. She was hand delivered yesterday. She may be a bit heavy, but she has curves in all the right places.I strapped on my gear and took her for her maiden voyage. A grand two-and-a-half mile tour of the neighboring blocks.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


There were people out in droves. I didn't realize that 7pm was prime jogging time. Not only on the sidewalks, but it looked like a street fair as I wended my way through the joggers, letting the engine make that cool 'blub-blub-blub' sound.

I really didn't do too much, what with all the people and the mass amount of traffic that sprung from nowhere. It would be my luck to run into a sidewalk or street sign with 50 witnesses that I live right next to. So, I am awaiting this Sunday, in the early morning, when I will take her out again on the clear streets and head to a parking lot for some desperately needed bonding time.

Hopefully I pulled off the "I'm just resting here" look well enough to fool everyone when she mysteriously stalled out on my steep driveway. I'm sure I nailed the "Hmm.. something appears to be amiss with my shiney new bike" as I scratched my head, tried every button, twisted every knob, checked the oil and gas levels of this bright beauty that wouldn't start again. I hope the cop that drove by understands that I was merely testing my ability to push her uphill in the highly unlikely case that I would ever need to do such a thing at some point in the future.

I'm sure everyone realizes that my bike is in my parking spot and my truck is on the street in front of the house not because I can't move the bike over the curb and onto the grass, but rather, that I think such a thing of beauty deserves the parking spot of honor for the time being. Look and marvel at her bright shininess! Be in awe of my masterful recovery as, just this afternoon, I sat on her bountiful seat and, remembering to release the clutch this time, she started up with a lustful growl. She will be mine... oh yes... she will be mine!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful machine there. I only wish my "let's see if this thing will do a hundred in a city block" gene would let me have one.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I looove that bike. My Dad had Harley's and I am fond of them. You are going to have so much fun!

I am glad you took the "How the hell do I ride this" course. Very important. One day Squid and I will get bikes, but not until HE takes that very course. He has speed issues.

9:22 PM  
Blogger kat said...

Whaaaaaaaay. Nice machine.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Inner Fonzie said...

I'm all about slow right now... trying to learn to control it. A lot different than those little 125cc things in class.

Took it out to the parking lot today for a ocuple of hours and only dropped it once (just a minor scratch on the pipe.. which I am rpelacing anyway), but now I can quick stop, run figure eights and do a circle inside two parking spaces.

It's a Suzuki Boulevard C50. I like the style and it is comfortable and powerful enough for the driving I will be doing for a while, yet is still light enough for me to pick up or push. All for only $6,000. I'll upgrade to a C90 in a year or two.

I highly recommend the course. It was fun as heck. As soon as I get some miles on me, I will be taking the advanced rider's course for sure.

Hopefully you won't see me on any stupid motorcycle blunders on youtube...

8:13 PM  
Blogger pal said...

Ooooooh! Easy Rider ......

11:40 PM  
Blogger ScaryCheri said...

aww. I can't see the picture!

1:23 PM  
Blogger b o o said...

bootiful. lets go for a ride.

10:10 PM  
Blogger ScaryCheri said...

Ah yes, it is indeed a shiney machine! Don't let the Jersey Backwards Drivers get you!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home