Monday, June 26, 2006

I gave in...

... and bought an iPod. I was trying to wait until Microsoft came out with something. I mean, I really did... but I doubt they will come out with anything halfway decent until they have driven all competitors out of the market. So, I figure I should be good with my purchase for a couple of years at least.

It's really amazing having my entire CD colection on such a little tiny thing. I have an FM cradle in my truck and I just plug it in and instantly I can listen to any CD I own... and... umm... a couple I don't.

I'll also be able to put some of my picture son it so I can carry them around. I have replaced lugging around 200 odd CDs and a portfolio. I can even put a few of my rare, yet precious videos on it.

I bought it at Circuit City. I won't be going back there again. The people are absolute idiots. I had to wait 20 minutes, even though I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was, just because it was in a case that needed a special key to be unlocked and there were luddites there coming out of their shell and computer shopping and needing everything from the keyboard on up explained to them in excrutiating detail.

The one cool thing about Circuit City though is that when you walk in they have a camera that projects your entry on a giant screen television right in the middle of the store. The image was so large and clear that I was able to identify and fix my open zipper. Thank you for saving me from that embarrassment Circuit City!

7 Comments:

Blogger pal said...

So is that why its called Circuit City - 'cos everyone keeps walking round and round, in and out, just to catch sight of themselves on the big screen?

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of these days, I'm gonna get a job being a greeter at Best Buy or Circuit City. The only qualification for the job is the ability to shout "Welcome to (here)" over the insanely loud "music".

10:24 AM  
Blogger b o o said...

issit a nano? i meant the mp3 player.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Inner Fonzie said...

Pal: It should probably be called Closed-Circuit City.

Squid: And it's especially fun to try and catch people off guard so that they think you might know them.

Boo: It's the iPod video. I like it a lot more than the nano.. though I bet it's a lot less fun to smuggle into jail.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Murp! said...

See? This is what happens. You became one of those Pod people and stopped bloggering.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Spacecake said...

Haa, I still have managed not to buy an iPod!

...ok I confess; it's only 'cause I don't have the money to buy one.

5:16 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Ah Circuit City, where service is no longer state of the art.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home