Sunday, October 15, 2006

Omega Institute

I didn't go into much detail about my "Way of the Shaman" workshop at the Omega Institute last weekend. It was absolutely amazing. The grounds were beautiful and serene.

There were wildflowers growing all over the place. As you walked about the campus, you would go from a rich, earthy smell, to a wonderful, sweet fragrance. The open fields smelled of lush grass, while the woods smelled of pine.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The food was all organic and nearly all vegetarian. They had only one non-vegetarian dish one night, and that was a pasta/tuna salad. I have been slowly changing my diet and cutting out meat... for now I only eat seafood and vegetables during the weekdays. It has been a bit of a struggle for me in changing my lifestyle... if the dishes were all prepared for me like they were here, it would be no problem. Some of their produce is grown on site in a wonderful garden all of it, from the butter to the main courses are made right there.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Early in the morning, after breakfast, I would head down to the lake and just look about. It was very peaceful there... listening to the water and watching the geese walk about the shore.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The workshop itself was amazing. There were over one-hundred people in attendence. The energy generated was tremendous. The walls trembled with the beat of our drums and our dancing shook the floor.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I caught some pictures of orbs in the room. Didn't catch too many elsewhere, but some others showed me pictures where they had captured orbs elsewhere. It did feel as if the spirits had attended us.

After returning home, I notice the difference. There is a distinct lack of spirit... but I still feel in touch, even if a bit removed.

I will definately return there, even if not for a workshop. There were so many interesting people to meet. So many things to discuss in the late hours over a cup of hot chocolate. Waking in the early morning to the crisp fall air just to meander about, being chirped at by chipmunks. I saw a great white dog that looked part wolf at first glance materialize from the fog. I turned to get my camera and when I looked back the dog was gone and, in its place, a woman in white was walking toward me... she smiled in passing.

It was all a bit magical...

12 Comments:

Blogger JLee said...

sounds wonderful...so peaceful!

3:29 PM  
Blogger b o o said...

sounds like a nice break :)

12:01 AM  
Blogger kat said...

It looks very beautiful and peaceful, Fonzie

12:12 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

It sounds like a great retreat. The hard part is keeping that feeling with you afterwards.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you say ORBS or BOOBS?

12:47 AM  
Blogger JLee said...

they're both magical!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, they're magically delicious???

6:09 PM  
Blogger Inner Fonzie said...

A part of every balanced breakfast...

8:44 PM  
Blogger Murp! said...

Leprichans taste like pistacio ice cream. Just thought you'd like to know.

11:30 PM  
Blogger b o o said...

hows u? hope your holidays were nice.

9:07 PM  
Blogger kat said...

Are you still around Fonzie?

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home